Well, at this point I guess we can just call it a demo. But it’s still exciting that we’ll be able to play the game a few weeks early.
I’ve been waiting for the beta for quite some time. I expected it to begin mid-September.
They also released the names of each map-pack, along with a brief description of each, so here’s that:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3™ maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite™ 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014
Battlefield 4 is set to release on October 29th of this year on all Microsoft and Sony Consoles, and PC.